Building the Designer's Business
You’re just one course away from running a sustainable design business you love
Melinda Has Been Featured In:
Take Charge of Your Design Business Needs
The goal of Building the Designer's Business is to build the foundation for your business to reach a sustainable place… one where you're not running ourselves ragged, but one where you have a process nailed down, minimum price set, and a plan of action started in landing your ideal clients, consistently.
I have my eyes set on building a sustainable branding business that will enable me to work with more of my ideal clients, more frequently. Now that I have that plan, I want to share it with you.
Only in Building the Designer's Business
Learn on your schedule and pace and revisit the lessons anytime you choose.
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee
12 Discussion style recordings from Melinda’s Inner Circle Facebook group
You'll learn from Melinda and a group of professional creatives
Join Melinda and Other Creatives as They Reveal:
Customizing packages for every client is a pain, and not always necessary
How much time have you wasted on proposals and customized scope of work documents? It can get frustrating and overwhelming to develop new processes with each and every new client. Learn how you can determine your specialty, core services, and processes so that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel with each new project.
Underpricing projects isn’t always a result of not knowing your worth, but having poor processes
How do you know when you've underpriced a project? Do you just get a gut feeling? Knowing your worth is more than a feeling, it can be measured and tracked. Solid processes allow you to see how much a project is costing you and if it’s even worth it for you to take on. Learn how to outline your processes so you can track costs and never underprice again.
Branding yourself and your agency will help you attract clients who love you, for you
You want to love who you work with, but how do you get more of these types of clients? You need to put just as much effort into branding yourself as you do for your own clients. Branding yourself is the hardest thing, but it doesn’t have to be. Learn how Melinda and the group use their own stories to brand themselves and attract the right clients.
What This Course Is
- Recording of 12 Zoom calls from Melinda’s Inner Circle Facebook group
- Topical calls that are a discussion amongst the group
- An in-depth journey with Melinda and a group of other creatives as they aim towards reaching their goals of establishing a sustainable business and attracting their ideal clients
Who Building the Designer's Business Is For
- Boutique agency owners, freelancers, and creative solopreneurs who have been in business 1-5 years
- Annual revenue of $30k-$100k
- Designers who have started to offer brand strategy
- Generalists who want to become a Specialist.
- Creative service providers who are going through the feast or famine cycle
- Designers who are not attracting ideal clients
- Designers who are having a hard time branding themselves
Who Building the Designer's Business Is Not For
- Freelancers just starting out
- Designers who have yet to land their first client
- Annual revenue under $30k
- Generalists who want to stay generalists
See What Other Students Say
“I think the biggest benefit from the group is hearing we all have similar issues with our businesses. But, you've come at it in a slightly different way. Giving us ideas and things to work on that I never would have thought of, like to write out our entire processes and see how much time it actually takes. Also, writing out these processes so you can hand them off to someone so they know exactly how you would like them handled.”
Inner Circle Student
“A big benefit to me is to talk to people who are in a similar situation, with similar problems and goals. I think as most/all of us joined because of you, it makes it more pleasant and familiar. It’s really cool to talk about behind the scenes business stuff which you can’t get anywhere else.”
Inner Circle Student
“I think the biggest benefit I’ve gotten out of the group has been hearing all the different perspectives of people with similar businesses as mine. A lot of things have been brought to my attention that I should be doing, but never would have thought of on my own.”
Inner Circle Student
- Access the course 24/7 on your computer, tablet and smartphone
- Study at your own pace and re-watch lectures as many times as you want
- Watch, read or listen, depending on your learning style
Get started now!
Hello! I'm Your Teacher, Melinda Livsey.
As the founder and creative director of Marks & Maker, Melinda unites eight years of professional design experience with a penchant for thoughtful customer service. Melinda’s experience with notable names like Oakley, Paramount Pictures and Revo, coupled with her passion for creative thinkers and entrepreneurs, creates the perfect cocktail of impeccable workmanship, exceptional brands and happy clientele.